Staying active promotes a healthy lifestyle and golf is one way to stay active. Golf season in North Carolina is year round and The Tapestry community is in a great location for golfers. There are a number of great golf courses within a short distance from The Tapestry. Here are a few to check out:
- Eagle Ridge Golf Club, 565 Competition Rd., Raleigh (919-661-6300). Public. Home to 18 holes, a driving range, practice green, chipping area, a fully stocked golf shop, a full service dining facility, PGA staff to help tailor your golf game to your goals. Amenities: member leagues, tournaments & free clinics available, complete practice facilities, professional staff members for lessons & clinics, a variety of membership programs that also include, privileges at Riverwood, Hedingham, Olde Liberty and Greensbridge golf clubs for a total of 99 holes of golf
- St. Augustine’s University Golf Course, 8025 Country Club Drive, Garner (919-516-5010). Public. Home to 9 hole course and a driving range.
- Garner Country Club, 7605 Old Stage Rd., Raleigh (919-772-2587) Private. Home to 9 holes.
- Pine Hollow Golf Club, 3300 E. Garner Rd., Clayton (919-553-4554). Public. Home to 18 holes, a driving range, practice green, golf pro shop, clubhouse, dining facility (breakfast & lunch), Amenities: professional lessons for groups and individuals
- River Ridge Golf Club, 3224 Auburn Knightdale Rd., Raleigh (919-661-8374) Semi-private. (golf course open to public, discounts and other facilities available to members) Home to 18 holes, a driving range, a putting green, chipping area, pro shop, dining facility
- Reedy Creek Golf, 585 Reedy Creek Rd., Four Oaks (919-934-7502) Public. Home to 18 holes, a driving range, putting green, chipping area, golf pro shop, bar and grill Amenities: offers a players club card which gives discounts
For more information on the homes available in The Tapestry call 954-815-2530.